Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so simple...If I can make them, so can everyone else. You can also substitute 1/3 cup self-raising flour for 1/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour...I do all the time and no one's noticed.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 ounces canola oil
- chocolate chips or nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a lamington tin, or 2 square cake tins.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until coming apart at sides.
- Sift icing sugar on top to serve.
As a chocolate lover I liked the fact that I could use chocolate chips in this recipe. Very nice. I put it in for a full 30 minutes, and it came out quite firm. Next time I'll put it for less, since I like my brownies on the moist side.