Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love chocolate, and I love being healthy and fit. So i've come up with a compromise- a delicious chocolate puffed wheat square reduced in sugar and fat. I've made this recipe with 2 oz. of 72% cocoa chocolate and 6 squares of Lindt 99% cocoa chocolate... but i'm sure you could play around with different chocolate bars to get a preferred chocolate taste.
- 5 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, 70%
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan.
- Measure out the puffed wheat into a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, melt and mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl of puffed wheat and stir.
- Press the chocolate puffed wheat mixture into the greased pan and refrigerate for a couple hours before cutting into squares.
These tasted really great and were easy to make. They didn't stick together very well for me though.