Recipe by paphlovian
This is a recipe for Choc-chip Cream Cheese Muffins that I modified to make healthier (i.e., less cream cheese, less sugar, whole wheat) and they taste great!
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or 1/8?)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Beat cream cheese and oil together until fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, honey, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into cream cheese mixture until flour is moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden, about 20 minutes.