Just saw these posted on a blog forum by "Julie" in response to a request for good chocolate chip cookies. She mentioned that her husband managed to lose 50 lb while still stuffing his face with these. They sound yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I use 3/4 c brown sugar & 3/4 c sucanat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour (I use 1 c White Wheat & 3/4 c Whole Wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, use the best you can find
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup coconut (if you have it or like it)
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1Cream butter & brown sugars.
- 2Add vanilla & eggs until just combined. Stir in dry ingredients & chips.
- 3These cookies work best if you refrigerate for several hours or overnight. The people in your house are happiest when you make a double batch (need a professional KitchenAid or similar to do this).
- 4Bake @ 350 for 8 minutes. They will not look done. Take them out anyway.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g