Recipe by lizeroo
Just saw these posted on a blog forum by "Julie" in response to a request for good chocolate chip cookies. She mentioned that her husband managed to lose 50 lb while still stuffing his face with these. They sound yummy.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (I use 3/4 c brown sugar & 3/4 c sucanat)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (I use 1 c White Wheat & 3/4 c Whole Wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, use the best you can find
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup coconut (if you have it or like it)
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter & brown sugars.
- Add vanilla & eggs until just combined. Stir in dry ingredients & chips.
- These cookies work best if you refrigerate for several hours or overnight. The people in your house are happiest when you make a double batch (need a professional KitchenAid or similar to do this).
- Bake @ 350 for 8 minutes. They will not look done. Take them out anyway.