Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Nutrition Action Healthletter, this recipe called for 1/2 cup chopped walnuts also, but our family doesn't like nuts in cookies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup trans-fat free tub margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Combine the margarine and sugars in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the soda, salt, and flour, beating until the flour is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a mixing spoon.
- Drop the dough 1 tsp at a time onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies are just browned.
- Remove from the sheet to cool.