Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Was trying to make a healthier version of another recipe I had and these didn't turn out too bad. They are best if you eat them warm right out of the oven. The recipe makes 12 muffins plus you will have a little left over batter. I usually just make a pan of mini muffins with the left overs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients and chocolate chips in a big bowl.
- Mix bananas, applesauce and egg in a separate bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients in with dry ingredients until just moist.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
I followed this recipe as written. I made 4 large muffins and the rest mini muffins. You are right, these are better fresh out of the oven although the minis were ok the next day. The texture of the large muffins was a little heavier than I prefer. I will try this again but combine white & wheat flower. Thanks for posting Make for PAC, Spring 2009