Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this for the Make It Healthier tag variation. It does have lower fat and cholesterol, but not lower sodium than the wonderful recipe of Cucina Casalingo's"Chicken Marsala,#270770". I hope you enjoy it:)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml pepper, divided
- 2.46 ml dried oregano (optional)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 118.29 ml marsala wine
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and oregano.
- Add chicken breasts to bag and shake to coat.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in broth and wine. Cook for 15 to 17 minutes over medium heat or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
Yummy chicken. This was simple to prepare and very tasty. Thanks for sharing, WiGal. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Delicious chicken, great recipe with good clear instructions. I haven't tried cooking another version of chioken marsala myseld.....but wont be using any other recipe now. Served with steamed brocolli and baby potatoes for a totally wonderful dinner. Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum Recipe Swap August 2011. I used sorghum flour in place of regular and a gluten-free stock to make this recipe suited to my gluten-free diet. Photo also to be posted
This is a keeper. I made a few adjustments. I cut the the chicken breasts in half to make cutlets and pounded to an even thickness. I also left out the oregano. The meal ended up having to be held. I added more broth to the pan, placed the chicken back in the pan with the sauce. I covered the pan put it on a warm burner and kept it for a half an hour.