Recipe by charps
My twist on the typical chicken and rice recipe. Added some spinach and carrots to get more veggies in our diet. This can be baked or cooked in skillet. I'm sure it would work in a crockpot too. I use a bit of ranch dressing mix and/or garlic and onion powder for flavor. Season to suit your taste or just cook as recipe states.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/3 ounce) box wild rice
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) package creamed spinach, cooked
- 1 carrot, shredded
- parmesan cheese, garnish
- cheddar cheese, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm olive oil in a pan or skillet and brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove Chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add rice, water, spinach, carrots and cream of mushroom soup to skillet and simmer.
- Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Cover with lid and simmer for 30 minutes occasionally checking water level.
- Add the parmesan or cheddar cheese for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Once cheese is melted, serve.