The original of this recipe was posted by Michelle of peachy palate here: http://peachypalate.com/2013/08/04/a-tart-to-be-proud-of/ Ive modified it quite a bit and really love how easy it is to make and how great it tastes. The health aspect is great, too. I hope youll love this as much as we do! If you use gluten-free oats, this recipe is gluten free.
My Private Note
8 in ta ...
Units: US | Metric
- 30 g oats (choose gluten-free if needed)
- 90 g almonds, ground
- 90 g oats, ground to a flour (choose gf if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 banana, melted in the microwave and mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- water, if needed
- 3 tablespoons cherry jam (or any other jam)
- 1First make your crust by combining oats, oat flour and ground almonds in a bowl.
- 2In a second bowl mix mashed banana, melted coconut oil and almond extract. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix using your hands until a dough has formed. If dough is too dry, add water by 1/2 tbs ful until dough is pliable.
- 3Press the crust into a 8 in loose bottom pie tin. Press down, pushing out towards the edge until evenly distributed across the bottom. Push the dough up the sides, scraping a little from the base to fill in the edges if needed.
- 4Now spread the jam evenly over the crust.
- 5For the topping combine ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon. Then add in coconut oil, water, banana and almond extract. Mix with a spoon until a soft, droppable dough has formed. If you need more water, add it by 1/2 tbs ful until you reach the desired consistency.
- 6Spread the topping over the jam carefully.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350° F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Cherry Bakewell Tart (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2644.7
- Calories from Fat 1485
- Total Fat 165.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 848.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.4 g
- Sugars 68.9 g
- Protein 75.3 g