Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Healthier version of my Must Love Cheese! Chicken & Wild Rice Soup.
Make and share this Healthier Cheesy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, small cubes
- 170.09 g boxuncle ben's wild rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 354.88 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 2.46-4.92 ml black pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 56.69-113.39 g Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 118.29 ml shredded 2% cheddar cheese (sharp cheddar cheese)
- Cut the breasts into small cubes then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spray a large pot with cooking spray & cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Pour the broth & water in the pot then add the rice & seasoning packet. (Do not remove chicken.) Bring to a boil then lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Note: If using quick cooking rice the time will be lowered to 10 minutes.
- Mix the salt, pepper, & almond milk in with the broth. Then add the Velveeta & shredded cheese to the pot. Stir until the cheese is melted.