Healthier Broccoli Cheese Soup (Quizno's Clone)
- In a large stock pot, saute onion in butter. When onions are golden, stir in garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add flour (make a roux) using a whisk over med. heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half. Add the chicken stock whisking all the time, bring to a simmer.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat till veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Use immersion blender, leaving some of the broccoli in large pieces.
- Add the grated cheese and stir till well blended.
- Put on low heat and stir the nutmeg.