Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A variation of my previous post...these use no oil and use whole wheat flour. I omitted the topping on this recipe, but definately can be added.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats, divided (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (add an additional 1 tablespoon if using old fashioned oats)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (add an additional 1 tablespoon if using old fashioned oats)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (If frozen, do not thaw)
- Heat oven to 400°F Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups oats with remaining dry ingredients in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir until moistened. Gently stir in berries. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack for five minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.