1/1 Photo of Healthier Blueberry Muffins
Healthier than your average blueberry muffins (less sugar, less fat, and whole grain) and still delicious! You can use lemon in place of lime for a different hint of citrus. The raw sugar gives that nice crunch to the tops of the muffins, but can easily be left off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the flours, sugar, and baking powder.
- 2Mix together the applesauce, milk, egg, lime juice and rind.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- 4Carefully stir in the blueberries.
- 5Spoon into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle each muffin with a small amount (maybe 1/2 a teaspoon) of raw sugar.
- 6Bake at 400F for 17 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 88.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g