Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An attempt to make a healthier BBQ beef. I use Certified Angus Beef, and a low sugar BBQ sauce like Walden Farms. Serve on a whole wheat bun, or a wrap with coleslaw.
- 3 lbs bottom round steaks or 3 lbs beef brisket, cut 1 x 2-inch
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, low sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (I use Shiner Bock)
- Sear the beef in olive oil.
- Place in the crock pot, and cook the roast on low, covered with the bottle of beer for 6-8 hours.
- Drain the liquid out of the crock pot and shred the beef.
- Combine the other ingredients and pour over the beef.
- Keep the crock pot on low heat until ready to serve.
- If you need to add liquid, add a little bit of water.