Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This barbecue sauce has less butter and sugar than many others do. The yield is 1 1/2 cups.
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml prepared mustard
- 14.79 ml vinegar (apple cider)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 2.46 ml clove, ground
- 4.92 ml salt
- Melt butter and saute onions and green pepper in butter.
- In small bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Add mixture to skillet and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over choice of prepared meat and heat.
- Serve meat with sauce on it.
This is a great barbecue sauce. I used red bell pepper instead of green. I used it in Easy and Tasty Barbecue Chicken Pizza. Thanks WV Mermaid :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game