Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
No eggs, no dairy, everything keeps so it works for camping and on the road.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F or use flame. Grease 12 muffin tins or round pans.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice and sugar to the water.
- Make two holes in the flour, on opposite sides. Pour the oil in one, and the vinegar in another.
- Pour water over all and mix together real quick.
- Put into greased muffin tins or round pans. If you put into round pans, fill half way, then grease the top, then add the rest so that it will separate in half after it is cooked.
- Bake until parts are golden. Do not undercook or they will be wet.
- Serve with margarine and jam or cheese.