Recipe by Troop Angel
I found this recipe on Sparkrecipes.com and while it's similar to many others on here, I like that it is lower calorie so it fits well in my lifestyle. DH just loves it too, so that's a HUGE plus! The original recipe called for low fat cream, but I used the fat free (the kind in the tub) with no problems.
- 2 slices low calorie bread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (I use Egg Beaters)
- 1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- cinnamon, to taste
- spray butter, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar free syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg substitute with vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of bread and top with banana slices.
- Top with other slice of bread to make a "sandwich".
- Dip "sandwich" in egg mixture, making sure it is coated well.
- Cook on medium in non stick skillet until browned on each side.
- Spray with spray butter and top with syrup.