Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Revised from the 1960 Ladies' Home Journal Cookbook. Our family's favorite!
Make and share this Healthier Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the canola oil with the sugar. Add the mashed bananas and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches, in a moderate oven, 350 degrees, for 55 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on rack; wrap in aluminum foil.