Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Revised from the 1960 Ladies' Home Journal Cookbook. Our family's favorite!
Make and share this Healthier Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the canola oil with the sugar. Add the mashed bananas and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches, in a moderate oven, 350 degrees, for 55 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on rack; wrap in aluminum foil.
Changed it for lower fat. Doubled recipe for 2 loaves. Replaced oil with applesauce, reduced sugar by 50% but sprinkled sugar in the raw lightly on top, used two whole eggs and 2 egg whites, skim milk, added vanilla and omitted nuts. Cooked the same amount of time. Perfect and so good.