Recipe by Mandus
I adapted Tish's Apple Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookie recipe to be a little bit healthier for me and thought I would share with all.
Top Review by supersweetums
These were good cookies. I admit I made a few changes just for my family's preferences. I used natural peanut butter, oat bran instead of wheat germ, spelt flour instead of whole wheat flour, and I ground the oatmeal into a flour because my children do not like the texture of oatmeal in cookies. I didn't use splenda either. I did add in mini chocolate chips instead of the raisins because my kids don't like raisins either. I might try adding chopped almonds next time. I really like this recipe and feel much better about my kids eating this instead of store bought cookies!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 medium granny smith apple, finely grated, including juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butters, flax, and sugars in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs and applesauce.
- Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture at low speed and beat until blended.
- Stir in oats, raisins, apple, and carrot.
- Drop by measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. (I used a medium Pampered Chef scoop.).
- Bake for 10-12 minutges or until just brown around edges. Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.