1 hr 5 mins
I adapted Tish's Apple Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookie recipe to be a little bit healthier for me and thought I would share with all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 medium granny smith apple, finely grated, including juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine butters, flax, and sugars in large bowl.
- 3Beat in eggs and applesauce.
- 4Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 5Add flour mixture to creamed mixture at low speed and beat until blended.
- 6Stir in oats, raisins, apple, and carrot.
- 7Drop by measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. (I used a medium Pampered Chef scoop.).
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutges or until just brown around edges. Do not overbake.
- 9Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Apple Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g