1/1 Photo of Healthier Alternative Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
Chef #801967 Doughboy Lover's Note:
I have been trying to remove the "white" in my diet as much as possible but its hard when most "healthier" foods are 2xs more expensive, I just dont get that. In my transition I needed to adjust our regular quick dinner of pizza into something I have to make on my own. I started with a basic recipe and started tweeking from there. I think that this is the final draft and I am pretty satisfied on how this crust has turned out. Try it you may like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well until dough leaves the side of the bowl, I usually do this with a serving spoon and then a use my hands.
- 2Knead dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until smooth with some elasticity.
- 3You may use it immediately by rolling it out on a 12in. pizza pan or place in a bowl and cover with a towel and let stand, if you do this punch down before rolling onto a 12in. pizza pan.
- 4Put on your desired toppings and bake at 425 for about 20-23 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Alternative Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: