Recipe by pillsbury12
I have been trying to remove the "white" in my diet as much as possible but its hard when most "healthier" foods are 2xs more expensive, I just dont get that. In my transition I needed to adjust our regular quick dinner of pizza into something I have to make on my own. I started with a basic recipe and started tweeking from there. I think that this is the final draft and I am pretty satisfied on how this crust has turned out. Try it you may like it.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great crust. Very similar to one we get at a little hole-in-the-wall place in a small town the other side of the state (we actually go once a year just for pizza). I made this in the food processor with a bread blade and let it rest 30 minutes and it relaxed enough to be a snap to roll out. This is a keeper. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast (quick rise)
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free seasoning (mrs.dash type)
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well until dough leaves the side of the bowl, I usually do this with a serving spoon and then a use my hands.
- Knead dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until smooth with some elasticity.
- You may use it immediately by rolling it out on a 12in. pizza pan or place in a bowl and cover with a towel and let stand, if you do this punch down before rolling onto a 12in. pizza pan.
- Put on your desired toppings and bake at 425 for about 20-23 minutes.