Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on thenakedkitchen.com after searching for an alternative to all the nasty chemicals in store-bought liquid coffee creamer. The recipe calls for condensed milk... if you truly want to go homemade all the way, search food.com for Homemade Condensed Milk! (Homemade Condensed Milk!) and use that. Also, there are multiple flavor options available to add to the base, see the directions for the options.
- 295.73 ml condensed milk (I use food.com Homemade Condensed Milk!)
- 236.59 ml milk, of your choice (almond, oat, soy, hemp, or regular milk work)
- 14.79-29.58 ml artificial sweetener, of your choice (optional, I use agave syrup)
- 2.46 ml cornstarch (optional, depending on the milk that you use, you might want to thicken your creamer. Guar gum, arro)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat whisk together the condensed milk, milk of your choice and sweetener (if using).
- Add in optional thickener at this time if needed.
- When the mixture begins to steam, remove from heat and add in any of the optional flavor ingredients.
- Stir well and transfer to a sealed glass bottle and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- *****Flavor Options*****.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree).
- French Vanilla – 1 tbsp vanilla extract.
- Chocolate – 1 tbsp vanilla and 3 tbsp cocoa powder.
- Amaretto – 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp almond extract.
- Cappuccino – 1 tsp almond extract and 1/2 tsp orange extract.
- Cinnamon Strudel – 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp almond extract.
- Peppermint – 1/2 tsp peppermint or mint extract.
- Hazelnut – 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract.
I really enjoyed this! I went with the cinnamon strudel version, which is lovely in pumpkin coffee. I used skim milk, nonfat condensed milk, Truvia sweetener, and I omitted the thickener. My only complaint with the flavor I chose was that the cinnamon would settle out pretty quickly. I would probably use some type of cinnamon flavoring in place of the ground cinnamon instead. I haven't decided yet which flavor I want to try next, but I'm sure I'll try lots of them with the colder weather approaching. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall '12
I used your Recipe#477375 to make the creamer. I used soy milk, agave syrup and left out the cornstarch. I made the cinnamon strudel version and enjoyed it. Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef) event March 2013.