Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another healthy option that I found in one of my 'Good Housekeeping' issues. Lactose-intolerant eaters and diabetics may find this recipe quite useful.
- 2 tablespoons butter (or oil)
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons wholewheat flour or 3 tablespoons multi grain flour
- 300 ml plain soya milk (unflavored)
- 500 g bite-sized chicken pieces
- 250 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (or any other fresh herb of your choice)
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in a heavy-bottomed pan till bubbly.
- Add aniseed and bay leaf; when fragrant, whisk in flour to make a smooth paste.
- Pour in soyamilk gradually, whisking simultaneously to prevent lumps.
- Add chicken pieces and vegetables and bring to boil.
- Lowe heat and simmer uncovered till tender, or about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste, garnish with parsley and serve with slices of crusty bread.