Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
With all these healthy ingredients (tahini, sunflower butter, oatmeal) it is easy to feel good about baking these, and with their addictive yumminess it is even easier to eat the whole batch at once! Health nuts beware :). I have made these using peanut butter or almond butter and both are fine, but this version really topped us off!
- 118.29 ml raw sugar
- 28.39 ml Smart Balance butter spread, softened
- 28.39 ml tahini
- 28.39 ml sunflower seed butter
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml wheat flour
- 146.68 ml oatmeal
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 28.39 ml miniature chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375^.
- In a medium bowl beat Smart Balance, tahini, and sunflower butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Add flours, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Drop by even tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until golden and puffy. Betcha can't eat just one!
Admittedly, I was skeptical when I decided to make these cookies... health nut cookies? What was I thinking? Holy yum! These were SO good - and even the parrots kept begging for more and fighting over their piece (and they have very discerning pallets!) Great recipe - I used "mystery butter" (almond/cashew butter) instead of the sesame butter, and peanut butter chips instead of the chocolate. Thanks for sharing!! Made for PAC Spring '09.
Mmmmm! I was having a craving for those yummy big cookies from wild oats. This hit the spot! I was out of earth balance so i subbed mashed bannana and I used Peanut butter in place of the sunflower seed butter. Turned out very good! I'll make these again fer sure!
These are totally awesome- like jazzed-up chocolate chip cookies. I have to disagree with the last reviewer; if one follows the directions to drop the dough by tablespoons, it makes a perfect batch of 18. Small-ish but luscious cookies. (Oh, and I veganized them with dairy-free margarine and egg replacer.) I can't wait to try them with sunflower seed butter; as it is, almond butter works great. So glad I tagged! Thanks for posting!