Recipe by Irmgard
Anyone who knows me will vouch for the fact that cookies are not my culinary strong point. These cookies turned out well for me so I would like to share them, figuratively-speaking. I like that this recipe has a lot of heart-healthy ingredients also.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into the butter mixture along with the hazelnuts, wheat germ, sunflower seeds and flax seed and mix until blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in the top and bottom thirds of a 375 degree F oven, switching and rotating the sheets halfway through, for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on sheets on racks for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to racks; let cool completely.