Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from my friend Janette-it's really good!
- 3⁄4 cup coconut, dried shredded unsweetened
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 250 g dried apricots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- Preheat oven to moderate 180c.
- Grease loaf tin.
- Combine all ingredients mixing well.
- Bake for about one hour then test in five minute intervals until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve buttered if you like.
Fabulous recipe and fabulous loaf - I used dates instead of apricots which worked well. I love using bran cereal/flakes in cooking - healthy and hidden fibre !! Aptly named recipe !!
Reviewed for the July Swap in the Aus/NZ Forum- such an easy loaf to make. I doubled the recipe to make two loaves. I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about this recipe while I was putting it together, but it really turned out great. I used Bran Flakes for the cereal and followed the recipe as stated. Looking at the recipe now, I've just realised that I used only half the measure of DR flour required- it didn't effect the loaf at all, except perhaps it may have risen a bit more with the reqired amount of flour. My youngest daughter wasn't keen on this one but my other daughter and husband think it's great. Nice to have a healthy slice/loaf with nutritional value rather than a sweet cake . Photo also to be posted