Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really yummy pork fried rice with A LOT less oil then other recipes.
- 1⁄2 lb pork steak, cut in small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup heart healthy chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons light extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen green pea
- 1. Spray a large nonstick skilled or wok with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Saute the pork until browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in the the broth and teriyaki sauce.
- 2. In the skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Stir-fry the eggs until set but still moist. Transfer to the bowl.
- 3. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil; saute the ginger, carrots, bell pepper, and scallions until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and peas; stir-fry until the rice begins to brown. Add the chicken mixture; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.