Recipe by Barb G.
Who said good health bread can't taste good. This bread has everything including flavor. The recipe makes a large loaf. This recipe comes from Electric Bread. Makes 1 2 pound loaf of bread
Top Review by AmandaMcMom
Everyone in my house loved this bread! Some people didnt believe I made it! I will definitly make this again and again. I changed the bran flakes for bran buds though. But thank you so much for this recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated or chopped
- 1⁄2 raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup bran flakes
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast or 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients as listed in bread machine pan, making a well for yeast.
- If using the time bake cycle, place carrots away from yeast.
- This will prevent the carrots from turning brown.
- This recipe can be used with the regular, rapid or delayed time bake cycles.