Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Who said good health bread can't taste good. This bread has everything including flavor. The recipe makes a large loaf. This recipe comes from Electric Bread. Makes 1 2 pound loaf of bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated or chopped
- 1⁄2 raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup bran flakes
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast or 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast
- Place ingredients as listed in bread machine pan, making a well for yeast.
- If using the time bake cycle, place carrots away from yeast.
- This will prevent the carrots from turning brown.
- This recipe can be used with the regular, rapid or delayed time bake cycles.
Everyone in my house loved this bread! Some people didnt believe I made it! I will definitly make this again and again. I changed the bran flakes for bran buds though. But thank you so much for this recipe
Delicious bread! I especially liked it because it was a little different! Great breakfast bread!
Very good bread that is very adaptable to minor changes. I didn't have any bran flakes so I used a bit more whole wheat flour and I also added about 1 cup of pecans and a little extra carrots. I also had to add a bit more flour to the recipe than mentioned in the ingredients but this may be my breadmaker and also my adaptions. Thanks Barb for sharing this very good healthy bread recipe.