Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
They may be high GI but that just makes them great for days where you're splitting your workouts, or as a great recovery bar.
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups dried fruit
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey (or blackstrap molassas for extra iron)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Line the base of a 29x19cm (11 1/2 x 7 1/2 inch) baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the puffed rice, rolled oats, seed, dried fruit and flour in a bowl and mix together well.
- Place the glucose and honey in a small saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat for 2 minutes or untill runny.
- Stir syrup mix into the dy ingredients and mix well.
- Press mix firmly into the tin.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the mix and use the back of a spoon to spread it all evenly.
- Remove the baking sheet and back for 20 minutes or untill golden brown.
- Leave to cool and crisp in the tin before lifting out and cutting into fingers.
- Store in an airtight container.