Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my childhood favourites that my nana used to make when ever I visited her in Sydney.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricots or 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Melt butter and honey together.
- Stir dried ingredients together.
- Mix in melted butter and honey and egg.
- Grease 8"x12" tin. Line with baking paper.
- Moderate oven until light golden colour.
- Take out when its still soft in centre.
Ooooh, ooooh, oooh! Yummy-ola! Your nana had a very good idea! These are like BETTER than any kind of store-bought granola bar. Great as a snack for the kids in the p.m. or for a breakfast bar with a banana and glass of milk. KEEPER! *Made for PAC Spring 2007*
really really good, for all age groups. (granddad and 2 year fought over the last one :) I used brown sugar instead of raw, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. I think they were even better after a few days in the fridge. I have been trying a few muesli bar type recipes, this is by far the best so far !!