Recipe by lydiajade33
This made me feel better when suffering from a sinus infection. Nutritious and fairly spicy. Could add thai chilis to really heat it up.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 5 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup hot paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- water, to keep all covered through cooking and to make desired amount broth
Directions See How It's Made
- in stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- add garlic, thin sliced ginger, pepper, and mushrooms to soften.
- add sweet potato, paprika, and curry powder
- cover with water.
- add chicken and cover- allow water to reach slow simmer.
- reduce heat and simmer until chicken and vegetables are cooked through- chicken should fall apart and potatoes should be soft- check every 30 minutes.
- when stew is ready, place kale on top, cover and steam for approximately 10 minutes- leave kale crisp.
- right before serving, add coconut milk and stir.
- could also be made in slow cooker on low.