1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1117331's Note:
This made me feel better when suffering from a sinus infection. Nutritious and fairly spicy. Could add thai chilis to really heat it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 5 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 lb chicken breast
- 1/4 cup hot paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- water, to keep all covered through cooking and to make desired amount broth
- 1in stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2add garlic, thin sliced ginger, pepper, and mushrooms to soften.
- 3add sweet potato, paprika, and curry powder
- 4cover with water.
- 5add chicken and cover- allow water to reach slow simmer.
- 6reduce heat and simmer until chicken and vegetables are cooked through- chicken should fall apart and potatoes should be soft- check every 30 minutes.
- 7when stew is ready, place kale on top, cover and steam for approximately 10 minutes- leave kale crisp.
- 8right before serving, add coconut milk and stir.
- 9could also be made in slow cooker on low.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healing Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 106.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk