Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My DH makes this when we're in the mood for chili - its been refined over the years to these ingredients.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 32 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 32 ounces chili beans, drained (we use Bush's)
- Cook meat, onions & garlic in oil until meat is lightly browned in a dutch oven.
- Add all of the ingredients except the beans, blend well.
- Cover & simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in beans, cover & simmer for an additional hour.
- **You can add any kind of hot chili's or peppers to spice up this chili to personal taste - we generallly add a few jalapeno's and a habanero.