Recipe by Grant S.
When the outfit got back after months out on a cattle drive, the headquarters cook took over. He had more fixin's to work with, and after a lot of mixin' and tastin' he'd serve up a smooth, thick chili the cowboys could really dig into. It is an easy and simple way of making this Chili.
- 3 lbs coarsely lean ground beef
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (1 lb) cans tomatoes
- 4 -5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed cumin seeds or 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 3 (15 ounce) cans canned kidney beans