Recipe by Seavamp
If you like spicy deviled eggs, this is for you. For the macho man and strong woman that knows what the term "Devil" means. Even so--betcha' can't eat just one!
- 12 eggs (hard boiled, shell removed)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (maybe more)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (or substitute)
- 3 jalapeno peppers (pickled kind)
- 2 tablespoons juice (from pepper jar)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 pimento stuffed olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow eggs to cool.
- Slice eggs in half the long way. Place yolks in a bowl and mash till no longer lumpy.
- Chop jalapeños fine and mix with egg yolks. Add all other dry ingredients except paprika and mix well.
- Add enough mayo to make a very stiff paste of the mixture then add jalapeño juice. The result should be a nice wet paste--not runny.
- Taste for salt and a hint of sweetness. Add as needed.
- With a fork or spoon, fill all the egg white halves with this mixture. Garnish each egg with 1/2 olive.
- To make the eggs more interesting, omit the olive and garnish with a small slice of jalapeño pepper. Sprinkle with paprika (Makes 'em look HOT).
- Serve now or chill for later. If covered tightly they will keep in the refrigerator several days.
- Sorry, but to my thinking each whole egg will be about 110 calories.