Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A George Duran recipe!
Make and share this Hdtv Salisbury Steak Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus
- 8 teaspoons unsalted butter, for freezing
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups prepared garlic mashed potatoes
- 2 cups blanched green beans and carrots vegetable mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine the sirloin, onion, jalapeno, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper, mixing well with your hands. Form the mixture into 4 (1/2-inch thick) patties, shaped like a steak. Put 1 tablespoon oil into a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the Salisbury steaks on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Set the browned steaks aside and let them cool.
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan, along with the butter and flour. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the butter has melted and the flour is cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the red wine. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a microwave-safe plastic TV dinner tray, put the steaks in the largest compartment and cover each with 1/4 of the sauce. Put 1/2 cup mashed potatoes into another section and top with 1 teaspoon butter. Put 1/2 cup vegetables in another section and top with 1 teaspoon butter. Pour enough Microwave Brownie batter into the last section to come up almost to the top of the container and sprinkle over some chocolate chips. Cover the whole thing with plastic wrap and freeze overnight, or up to 1 month.
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and cut the plastic wrap away from the brownie compartment. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, then on medium for 3 minutes. (Times will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.) Let rest for 1 minute, carefully remove the plastic wrap, and eat.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds to melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- In a large bowl sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the egg and chocolate mixtures along with the vanilla and stir well to combine. Follow instructions above.