Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
When doing the HCG diet, you sometimes miss the simple comfort foods like mashed potatoes. This is an HCG friendly recipe that will satisfy your craving for mashed potatoes- it's made of cauliflower but is soooo yummy!
- 1 lb cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup mixture of cheddar and monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Steam cauliflower until extremely tender.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mash with fork or masher, or if smoother texture is desired, use a mixer or blender till desired texture is achieved.
I do not know what the Hcg diet is but my Weight Watchers leader suggested Cauliflower Mash in place of mashed potatoes; so, I found this recipe first and tried it. I used the microwave to cook the cauliflower (15 minutes on the Fresh Vegetable setting); and then I put the cauliflower in a heated pan with olive oil to saute them and sprinkled Good Seasons Dry Salad Dressing mix over them. Then, I added the milk and cheese and let the cheese melt. I used my electric beater to mash the cauliflower. I added the butter. It was delicious. I will make this again. My husband loved it, too; and he's a real "meat & potato" kind of guy! :)