Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I went on the HCG diet with success and came up with a few recipes that really helped me enjoy the diet. The spicier the food for me...the better.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium tomatoes (pureed or use 1 14oz can of diced tomato)
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (I used 1/4 and 1/4) or 1⁄2 cup beef broth (I used 1/4 and 1/4) or 1⁄2 cup water (I used 1/4 and 1/4)
Spices which include but add what you like
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- ** These are just suggestions, so please add more or less depending on your taste. I like my chili spicy so I tend to add more chili powder, cayenne and black pepper.
- Saute garlic over med. heat using a little liquid so your garlic won't burn. Add beef and let brown, be sure to keep moving it around so it doesn't burn since this is EXTRA Lean beef and there is practically no fat. Add more liquid if you need to about a Tablespoon at a time.
- While meat is browning dice up tomato and puree in blender, add a little broth or water to help it move around a little in the blender if needed.
- Once meat is brown add the tomato puree and 1/2 cup of the liquid. Begin adding spices, try a little at a time if you are unsure and then add by taste. Let the chili simmer on med/low heat for about 15 min or until it reaches the consistency you like. I like mine a little thicker so I let it cook about 15 minute.
- Suggested Meal Ideas: 4 Stone-Ground Wheat Thins with Grilled Zucchini.
This is delicious! However, I used extra lean ground turkey instead of beef. We also enjoy spicy food so I went with the recommended measurements for the spices...it's not so spicy so try it (I added extra garlic)! You will not feel like your on a diet with is meal!
We lovedd it. Added onion.
Very Good! Thanks so much for sharing. Both my husband and I liked it!