Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe when I worked at a senior center. It has always been a favorite of mine....similar to 3-bean salad but a little different. This is SO easy to make!!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canearly sweet peas
- 2 -3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Drain all the canned vegetables, then add everything together with the dressing.
- Let set overnight to blend flavors.
- Note: 1 (15 oz.) of wax beans can be substituted for the sweet peas.
This is a great tasting recipe! It is especially nice in the winter months when the fresh veggies travel so far to the grocery store that they have little nutritional value - but the canned ones do. I usually have all of the ingredients in my pantry and fridge. An senior lady shared a similar version of this with me many years ago when I was a much younger wife. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoyed this very much made with fresh vegetables from the garden, using the types of beans and peas on hand. I substituted honey for the sugar but will probably try 1/2 sugar and 1/2 honey next time. This dressing was particularly nice on snap peas.