Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is such a simple yet tasty cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 6 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat for 4 minutes.
- Bake in a 9x13 pan according to box directions.
- While baking mix the lemon juice and powder sugar.
- When cake is removed, and while hot, poke holes with a fork into cake then pour glaze over cake.
This is essentially the same lemon cake my mom always made, although she did it in a sheet pan. I used the zest of the two lemons in the batter and baked as directed. Was delicious! Thanks for the fond memories!
I made this cake for DH to take to work...everyone raved about it. I usually make him a lemon pudding cake, so this was a nice change. I baked it in a bundt pan. Thanks so much for posting.
ive had this recipe for40 years and it is so good and only gets better as it sits-----carol g