Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Frozen dessert. A woman I worked with gave me this recipe years ago. It is simple and delish...She called it a cake - I call it a dessert.
- 1 box vanilla wafer, crushed (small box)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 medium-size Cool Whip (thawed)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, slighly thawed
- Line sheet cake pan with 1/2 of crumbs.
- Mix and cook until thick the eggs, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Cool above mixture and add 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Spread over crumbs in pan.
- Sprinkle one cup of chopped pecans over this.
- Take 1/2 carton of Cool Whip and spread over pecans.
- Add strawberries over all.
- Spread remaining half of Cool Whip over all.
- Sprinkle remainder of crumbs over Cool Whip.
- Let thaw slightly before serving.
This is simply beautiful! Thanks a zillion!
I made this for Easter. I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen and put the dish in a trifle bowl instead of the pan the recipe called for. I have to say,after a day or so, this looks pretty gross, but it still tastes great! I kept mine in the refrigerator simply because I didn't have any extra freezer space,so maybe it looks this way cause it's not frozen.....but as I said, it still tastes really good.
I served this to my bunco group and it was a huge hit. It presents beautifully and tastes and looks like something that takes a lot more time. I would love to have some ideas on how to reduce both the calories and the fat content in this recipe. They are both horrendous!