Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate and hazelnut -- a match made in heaven. These flavours combine for an elegant ending to your holiday dinner party!
- 6 ounces Frangelico
- 6 ounces godiva chocolate liqueur
CHOCOLATE GLASS RIM
- 1⁄2 ounce Frangelico
- 1⁄2 ounce godiva chocolate liqueur
- chocolate shavings (to garnish, milk or semisweet)
- Dip the edges of 4 martini glasses in the liqueurs and rim them with chocolate.
- In a small saucepan, combine the 12 ounces of Frangelico and Godiva liqueur.
- Heat over medium to high heat until warm but not hot.
- Pour into the rimmed martini glasses and serve.
- HOT HINT:
- This is one of those recipes where a spouted or lipped-rim saucepan comes in handy. If you don't have such a pan, transfer the hot liquid to a glass measuring cup. This will make it much easier to pour the mixture into the rimmed glasses without spilling or disturbing the pretty chocolate rim.
This was very good, even in the heat of the summer. I added some finely grated hazelnut on top of the drink but you can not see it. I added some of the extra grated chocolate on top. The chocolate on the rim of the glass melted slowly while staying in place without running down the side of the glass. Made for PRMR 2010
Yum! I never would have thought about warming this, but it was delicious. I grated 2 Hersheys nuggets for the chocolate and used Godiva white chocolate so it was probably a little lighter in color than using the standard Godiva. Thanks for sharing this Annacia. Made for Potluck Tag.