Recipe by txzuckerbaeckerin
Easy to make and great taste. One of my staples at Xmas and included in every cookie gift basket! Cooking time is "chill" time.
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons cognac
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 125 g milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast ground hazelnut on medium heat in a pan, constantly stirring.
- In a bowl, mix warm nuts with alcohol and sugar and knead into a dough.
- If dough is too firm, add some warm water.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie and temper, if you can.
- Form walnut-size balls from the nut-dough.
- Dip in chocolate and set on aluminum foil to firm up.
- Let cool and firm up for about 2 hours.
- Do not chill in the fridge as this will cause condensation moisture and also will ruin the tempering (if you did temper).