Adapted slightly from The Four Season Farm Gardener's Cookbook: From the Garden to the Table in 120 Recipes. Two layers of dense (but surprisingly light) hazelnut cake make a perfect sandwich for any of your favourite fillings – try my Luxuriously Healthy Chocolate Frosting [Luxuriously Healthy Chocolate Frosting] ... the combination is like Nutella on steroids!
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two 8” round pans with parchment or greased foil.
- With a whisk, beat the eggs, oil and sugar together until light-coloured and bubbly.
- Add the hazelnuts, coconut flour, sea salt and baking powder and whisk until well combined and no dry spots remain.
- Divide evenly between the pans, then rap sharply on a countertop to dislodge big air bubbles and even the batter out.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool completely in the pans before finishing with your chosen filling and topping (I recommend my Luxuriously Healthy Chocolate Frosting [Recipe #498933] and fresh raspberries).