What could be better than a buttery shortbread studded with nuts?? One that's easy to make, of course. This dough is mixed in a food processor, so it goes together in a flash and is easy to handle. The cooking time does not allow for the 30 minutes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place hazelnuts or pecans in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; cool.
- 2In food processor bowl fitted with a metal blade place flour, sugar and cornstarch.
- 3Add butter and vanilla; process with several on/off turns until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Add nuts and process until mixture is combined but slightly crumbly (mixture should NOT form a ball).
- 5Place dough on a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.
- 6Knead until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- 7Wrap each half in plastic wrap and chill about 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 8On a lightly floured surface roll half of the dough at a time to 1/4 to1/2 inch thickness.
- 9Cut dough into stars or rounds with 2 1/2 to 3 inch cookie cutters.
- 10Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11Pierce each cutout three times with a fork, going all the way through to the cookie sheet.
- 12Repeat with second half of dough.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until edges and bottoms just start to brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 14If desired, drizzle cooled cookies with melted white chocolate.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Shortbread Stars
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 43.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g