Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
What could be better than a buttery shortbread studded with nuts?? One that's easy to make, of course. This dough is mixed in a food processor, so it goes together in a flash and is easy to handle. The cooking time does not allow for the 30 minutes chilling time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place hazelnuts or pecans in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; cool.
- In food processor bowl fitted with a metal blade place flour, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add butter and vanilla; process with several on/off turns until mixture is crumbly.
- Add nuts and process until mixture is combined but slightly crumbly (mixture should NOT form a ball).
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.
- Knead until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- Wrap each half in plastic wrap and chill about 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface roll half of the dough at a time to 1/4 to1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into stars or rounds with 2 1/2 to 3 inch cookie cutters.
- Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Pierce each cutout three times with a fork, going all the way through to the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with second half of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until edges and bottoms just start to brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, drizzle cooled cookies with melted white chocolate.