Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for a summer garden party or brunch.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- Place hazelnuts and sesame seeds on 2 seperate baking trays and lightly roast in oven 5-10 minutes; when hazelnuts are cool, rub off the skins.
- In a food processor, grind nuts and seeds together until they resemble fine crumbs (if you prefer a coarse pate, grind half nuts and seeds fine and grind the other half coarsely).
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and oil.
- Add nut and seed mixture, combining well.
- Add the milk to get a moist consistency (the mixture should be fairly wet because the nuts will absorb some liquid).
- Place mixture in ramekins or other desired mold and chill until set.
- Serve chilled in ramekins or with small individual salads with toast.