Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are "adult" chocolate chip cookies.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease cookie sheets, and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in rum, egg, and yolk.
- Combine flour with baking soda and salt and stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter from teaspoon into prepared pans.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes, until risen and set.
I love the flavor of these! but just to warn you, these aren't soft chewy cookies -- they're more crispy than anything else. next time I may add pudding mix to the batter so that they're softer. thanks for posting!
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm i tried using balieys instead of rum. oh my god how scrummy