Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Bon Appetit. You can sub pine nuts for the hazelnuts if you like. This can be tossed with a pound of pasta (served warm or chilled), used as a topping for grilled chicken or spread on toasted slices of baguette or focaccia.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and husked-about 2 oz
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, packed
- 3 tablespoons fresh romano cheese, grated
- fine sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- With processor running, drop garlic into machine and blend til finely chopped. Add nuts, basil and 2 T oil; process til finely chopped.
- Add ricotta, juice, peel and remaining oil; process til blended. Transfer to small bowl and stir in romano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.