Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The not-so-distant-cousin of the traditional Pecan Pie.
Make and share this Hazelnut Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- In a large bowl,mix everything except the hazelnuts (and the pie shell of course) until smooth.
- Add hazelnuts and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand of at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
I've always preferred hazelnuts to pecans when just noshing nuts, so why shouldn't I adore them in a pie! These were great (thanks to Chia for sending the corn syrup -- I live in a corn syrup desert). I served pieces of pie with some whipped cream on top drizzled with chocolate syrup and a sprinkling of cinnamon. I have some very happy friends, and an even happier dentist, this stuff is sticky!
This is a great dessert. I made it for Thanksgiving and was taken aback how easy it is to make. Everyone enjoyed it too. The filling is excellent on this and believe it is due to using white sugar versus brown.. it gives it a nice light sweet taste.... Thank you for sharing this recipe.