Recipe by Malriah
The not-so-distant-cousin of the traditional Pecan Pie.
Top Review by Mirj
I've always preferred hazelnuts to pecans when just noshing nuts, so why shouldn't I adore them in a pie! These were great (thanks to Chia for sending the corn syrup -- I live in a corn syrup desert). I served pieces of pie with some whipped cream on top drizzled with chocolate syrup and a sprinkling of cinnamon. I have some very happy friends, and an even happier dentist, this stuff is sticky!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl,mix everything except the hazelnuts (and the pie shell of course) until smooth.
- Add hazelnuts and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand of at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.