Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Dundee Hazelnuts & The Oregon Hazelnut Industry. The cooking time is the estimated time for hazelnut roasting.
- 1 lb roasted hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons egg whites (approx. 3 large)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts.
- In a food processor or blender, finely grind about 1/3 of the nuts at a time, until mealy.
- Add egg whites, powdered sugar and liqueur.
- Blend until paste forms.
- Wrap and store in a covered container, up to 2 weeks.